The social, generational, economic and demographic trends impacting Hornsby Shire are creating not only new challenges but great opportunities. Unprecedented change can sometimes lead to change fatigue where the response can be to become worried about change, or equally it can lead to change apathy which can create an indifference to change. However by understanding the emerging trends, we can be more prepared for the changes and so rather than becoming defensive or blasé we can respond to the shifts, influence the trends and shape the future.
Hornsby Shire Council: A Shire of Opportunity, outlines ten of the top trends that are redefining the Hornsby LGA and shaping the future of this community. We have been pleased to assist Hornsby Shire Council in conducting this analysis and the trends shaping the region.
The top 10 trends for Hornsby Shire are:
- Growing population, increasing densification
- Ageing population, transitioning generations
- Educational attainment, professional employment
- Entrepreneurship for small and home-based businesses
- Property ownership and investment growth
- Stable workforce, lower unemployment
- Mobile lifestyle enabled though public transport and cars
- A home for families and the next generations
- A place of cultural and language diversity
- The lifestyle shire
If you’d like to learn more about our demographic analysis and trends research, please contact our office today or see our research pack for more details.
For more Sydney-based demographic analysis, see the latest coverage on Channel 7’s Changing Face of Sydney.