As our McCrindle Speakers are regular contributors to meetings and events around Australia, it was our privilege to conduct research for the Melbourne Convention Bureau’s 25-year anniversary of the Asia-Pacific Incentives and Meetings Expo (AIME), into the mega trends affecting the future of meetings, and for Mark McCrindle to present the findings at the event.
The aim of the research was to understand how the global meetings industry is changing, through the influences of social trends, new technology and changing attendee expectations.
Findings from the full research report include the following:
- Conference attendees are increasingly socially responsible, tech savvy and time poor
- Attendees are looking for collaboration and networking, not just information
- Meetings provide a place for human interaction, experiential learning and valuable professional investment
- Customisation of the program structure and event experience is key
- Augmented virtual reality and artificial intelligence transform the event experience
- Ideas around venue design for the next generation.
Some of the key research findings are outlined in The future of meetings; 25 years of change infographic:
About McCrindle Speakers.
At McCrindle, our team of professional speakers are in demand for their ability to clearly communicate the insights in engaging ways. Presenting at a variety of national and international events including keynote addresses at conferences, onsite professional development workshops and strategy briefings for senior leaders, the McCrindle speakers are recognised as leaders in tracking emerging issues, researching social trends, and are regarded as expert social researchers, futurists and story tellers.
To make an inquiry, please feel free to get in touch via email, or on 02 8824 3422.